Are there any kinds of USB drivers for ME?

DrkInsanity

I recently got a SanDisk Sansa m240 mp3 player, and tried to hook it up to my Windows ME computer to put some of my songs on it. Unforunately, I got an error saying some file was not found, and to insert my ME install disc (which I did not try as, from experience, this usually does nothing).

Supposedly the Sansa works like a USB flash drive (and it does; I've seen my friend use his on XP, just dragging and dropping the files in), so I've been searching for either a Sansa ME driver or just a generic USB flash driver. The only things I've been able to find, however, have been for Windows 95 or 98. Specifically the Maximus Native USB, which I actually found on this site, but that seemingly only works for 98.

Do these 98/95 things work on ME, or would it just muck it up? Or is there already a program made seperately for ME? Does anyone know anything about this?

Thanks!

I got an error saying some file was not found, and to insert my ME install disc (which I did not try as, from experience, this usually does nothing).

I sense the answer here. What do you mean "usually" ?

I meant "usually" as in from what I have heard, and from what I have done, it's never done much of anything. However, I've never tried anything on ME before, so perhaps I am mistaken. I don't think I have an ME install disc, though, as I'm pretty sure in this computer it came preloaded.

I'll look for it, though, to see if it works. Either that or just use a different computer (it's just that the ME one is the one with most of the music in it). I'm not sure if I want to try the 98 drivers or not, though, as I'm not good with tampering with anything, and I'm not sure how to undo it, if something goes wrong. If it just wouldn't install I'd give it a try, but I don't want it to mess up anything.

Thanks!

Edited by DrkInsanity

I meant "usually" as in from what I have heard, and from what I have done, it's never done much of anything.

-Put CD in drive when ME asks for it: 1 minute.

-Doubting, searching the net, downloading, trying 98 drivers, stating it doesn't work, registering to MSFN, posting for help, waiting for reply: 24h ?

-Put CD in drive when ME asks for it: 1 minute.

-Doubting, searching the net, downloading, trying 98 drivers, stating it doesn't work, registering to MSFN, posting for help, waiting for reply: 24h ?

- Not getting a reply you want: timeless

:lol::lol:

Edited by LLXX