loosing printer on wireless computer in small network

Hi,

I have a strange problem. I have a comp wirelessly connected to another comp that connected by cable to server with the printer.

I can see the printer on my wireless comp. When I install the printer on that comp it shows that everything is OK and prints the test page just fine.

Problem: Now, when I restart the "wireless" comp, the printer is there but is shown as "Access denied." The wireless working just fine showing all 54 Mbps.

Other glithes: sometimes when re-installing the printer, it asks for user/password info. Have know clue where it comes from. It's a local network without any passwords, etc.

I wander if while wireless card searches the network the system can't find the printer. Although, in a different network, it works just fine.

If this is wrong forum, let me know where to go. I DID search the forum and have not found anything relevant.

Thanks and Merry Christmas!

Are you sharing the printer? What I mean is, in the Printers folder, which you get to thru the control panel, does a little hand appear on the printer's icon?

What's happening is that because this system is proabably a workgroup, it needs to grant access to any machine that tries to connect to it. If you where in a domain, you wouldn't need to constantly enter the password and what not.

Edited by CptMurphy

Are you sharing the printer? What I mean is, in the Printers folder, which you get to thru the control panel, does a little hand appear on the printer's icon?

What's happening is that because this system is proabably a workgroup, it needs to grant access to any machine that tries to connect to it. If you where in a domain, you wouldn't need to constantly enter the password and what not.

It's shared. It's a workgroup. The server, with the printer, has W2000. The box in between has XP Pro, and the box on wireless has XP home.

Can anything be done to help the system to grant access w/out any problem? Do you think I can go from workgroup to domain with this variety?

Personally, I've never had a problem sharing a printer within a workgroup network. Provided "Everyone" has the Print Permission, which I think is the default, I can't see why you can't print.

The following article might shed some light Shared Workgroup Printers

I never had a problem with it either but this time. I know how to install, etc. The problem is after restarting the box on wireless it looses the printer.

Any ideas?