Is it a CD, or DVD

pax

Hey All,

I've created my unattened install for work servers, so it basically has all the drivers to cover our hardware platforms, AV, remote control tool and Autopatcher.

I use CDImageGUI to create the .iso file, and when the image is created it is 817MB. Trying to burn the image it says there isn't enough room on the CD (funnily enough this is true), but I've got a blank DVD in the drive.

If I use DaemonTools to mount the image, then it is seen in windows as a CD aswell, and not a DVD.

Why doesn't it see it as a DVD, or burn it to a DVD. Is there an image size it has to be to be considered a DVD?

I could pad it out if needed. I don't think at any stage it is going to be getting smaller, as it is V1, and I am sure there will be requests for additional software to be included in it,

Pax

Its above 700 MB .U should burn into DVD

U have another option to burn into 900MB CD

I want to burn it to a DVD, but it keeps spitting the DVD out claiming not enough space (thinking there is a CD in there). Granted I am using the free Roxio that comes with the 4 letter large computer companies DVD burners, and this is even when I do a disk to disk copy after mounting it in Daemontools first

Pax

ditch Roxio and try ImgBurn - I use that to burn all my iso's, it's never been confused as to whether a CD or DVD is in the drive.

If it still cant tell, you may have some problem with your DVD burner or drivers.

SP

Brilliant, thanks, will try tomorrow.

Think I will invest in some CD shell magic too and make a complete dead server and terminal server, and include a Citrix PS4 unattended install on it.

Should make it bigger, and but I just want to get the plain build out first to see what other additions people require

Pax

which is ur burning tool?

as suggest use Imgburn http://www.imgburn.com/

Yes, that was suggested above.

I've installed it and burn the image this morning...

Great stuff folks,

Pax

P.S. I'm going to look at CDshell and create a multiboot for the future so hopefully this will be avoided.