"My Computer" View

nemesis01

Got a very annoying problem with the view when I open my computer, used to look like this:

http://www.courses-online.co.uk/getimage.p...&height=349

All my hard drives, optical drives and shared folder icons were seperated by titles like "devices with removable storage" "files stored on this computer", now it looks like this:

Any idea's as I find this the most annoying thing, usually I can fix things on my own but not this time.

Right click in the white, and goto Arrange Icons By ----> Show in Groups.

That should do it.

The best way to put all the folders back to the way they are by default (Which is view by Tiles, sort by name, and Show in Groups) is to go into folder options and click "Reset All Folders" then that will restore all folders to the way they are when Windows is first loaded.

I myself prefer, Sort by Type, view by details, and all windows maximized.

Edited by Cygnus

Hello,

I too have the same problem. I can switch the view so that it arranges the icons by groups, but it does not use the original labels (ie hard disk drives, devices and removable storage, ...) Now it just labels them b, d, l, ...

Not sure how this happened. I have tried your solution above to reset them to defaults. This does not reset the original group titles.

So if you could either show me how to reset the titles or change the names myself.

Thanks,

Sean