Integration of IE7 & WMP11 in flat image..

There is many threads out there discussing the slipstrwaming into CD's but none into a RIS image..

I so far have used Nlite to slipstream IE7 into my XP CD & then used the Jean Sebastian tool to integrate WMP11 into the CD. i have then created my RIS image from this & then adedded my Ryan VM & BTS driver packs.

I tried the install from this image but it fell over on a file but cannot recall what it was at present.

Has anyone else had any luck integrating these two into a RIS flat image & have it working as expected..?

its falling over on

cannot copy the file : admparse.dll.mui

also

advpack.dll.mui

extmgr.dll.mui

feeddisc.wav

html.iec.mui

icardie.dll

icardie.dll.mui

icarav03.rat

idndl.dll

& many more..

looks like RIS dosent like IE7 being integrated into the flat image..

Edited by chiners_68

• 1 year later...

What I did to get it to work was stopping the WDS service, copy only the files (not folders) from the slipstreamed cd's i386 to the flat image's i386, overwrite all files. Delete all the pnf's in the i386 of the flat image. Re-start the server. I integrated SP3, IE7 and WMP11 and it works fine.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

I am also a RIS user and I found the same problem with the IE7 integration. It seems to come from nLite. Where nLite does work the txtsetup.sif file but not the layout.inf file. The layout.inf file is being used when you add an image to RIS (WDS legacy). I am at it now and need to find out the datastructure of the layout.inf

I tried several things but it never worked with integration. Since I had to finish the kit, I ended up installing it using RunOnceEx.

I made a IE kit using IEAK7 to fix the settings. Best use the english one, the dutch one does not show the additional settings you want to do like Phishing etc. Then I installed the patches that go with IE7. I still have a problem with patch KB953838. It tests if IE7 has been installed yet. The problem with that is that the last part of the IE7 installion takes place during next boot. So it still detects the old one. I will probably end up creating a second RunOnceEx to load the last patch.

Anyway one of the reason not integrating IE7 and WMP11 is the fact that IE8 is on its way and have generate a complete I386 kit again.

Now I only need to replace the packages.

Edited by TheSpark