I can't start some soft because of half-open TCP connection

nhatminh1209

when I try to use some soft I cant start it.

Is that because I have updated from MS update site?

For example, when I try Tvants to watch TV online they give me this alert:

This behaviour is generally caused by the half open TCP connection count limitation of the operating system, typically MS XP SP2 or Windows 2003 SP1.

We strongly recommend you enlarge this limitation for better network performance to make the internal player work

This alert have just recently pop up. Some day ago, I can watch TV by Tvants but now I can't.

So, how can I enlarge this limitation?

Thanks

Thanks you guys for help.

But I dont think my computer was infected with virures because I always update Symantec Antivirus. :D Anyway, like nitroshift said : If I was infected with virus, I think no virus or trojan try to close my port ( useless) unless they try to prevent me from connect to Internet.

I think some of my update try to protect me from hacker or virus so hard that I can't do some stuff :D:D

I know Microsoft is trying to hardenning Windows like Linux but please don't do much further B) . I hope someone can help me to fix this problem?

Thanks

Edited by nhatminh1209

Download this patch and you can set it to any value.

http://www.lvllord.de/?lang=en&url=downloads

I recommend setting it to 100 open ports only.

Hi Thunderbolt, I've tried your way but it doesn't work. It tells me that I have wrong TCP-IP.sys. May be that cause because I've change something in my windows version.

Thanks you anyway. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
What version of Windows are you using? That only works for the english version of SP2 I think.

Hi Thunderbolt.

Sorry. I'm busy these day. Thanks for answer my wonder.

I always use SP2. And because of no solving my problem. I try to reinstall window again. :sneaky: . Of course, It's work again. And .... I still don't find my prob.

It's ok. However, Thanks very much.