slipstreaming Vista

ElAguila

I got this idea after downloading the the Windows AIK and creating a PE 2.0 image that had my drivers slipstreamed into it. Let me know if this logic sounds okay. I was thinking of using the imagex command to mount the install.wim image from the vista disk and then copying the drivers to the file repository of the system32\drivers folder and then comitting the changes and saving the image onto my hard drive. I could then use a program like ultraiso and overwrite the install.wim that is in the vista iso. Would this work? If so, do I just need to copy the actual driver file into the drivers folder or do I need to place the folder with the inf and txtsetup.oem files into the repository?

Too much trouble...you can use the WAIK to do everything you want to do. You just import the install.wim, make changes, then build your new .wim, replace the one on your Vista DVD/CD, and make your self a new .iso. The WAIK help files have complete instructions.

As an alternative method, you could actually do an install of Vista and set it up the way you want with all your drivers and everything, then using the waik you can make a normalized deployable install.wim to replace the one on the Vista DVD/CD.

I got this idea after downloading the the Windows AIK and creating a PE 2.0 image that had my drivers slipstreamed into it. Let me know if this logic sounds okay. I was thinking of using the imagex command to mount the install.wim image from the vista disk and then copying the drivers to the file repository of the system32\drivers folder and then comitting the changes and saving the image onto my hard drive. I could then use a program like ultraiso and overwrite the install.wim that is in the vista iso. Would this work? If so, do I just need to copy the actual driver file into the drivers folder or do I need to place the folder with the inf and txtsetup.oem files into the repository?
Edited by Spooky