Amd64, wow64, x86 in the WSIM

So, I started out with an x86 image and an answer file for that x86 based image. Now that I am trying to get an x64 image answer file in place, I dont understand what the diffrent subcomponents mean and how they correspond to eachother!

When expanding the components tree in the WSIM, u get the following options for some components:

1. amd_64

2. wow_64

3. x86_64

Any one had any expierence on how to read more abouth these features? Are the x86 settings relevant to the x64 installations as well if there are no corresponding settings within amd64 or wow64 sections?

Forgive my ignorance, but I dont see any explenation in the .chm files for amd64/wow64 or x86..... maby something obvious, but I cant see any info on it. For example, if I add the component:

amd64_Microsoft-Windows-International-Core-WinPE_x.xxxxx and then press F1, I will get the generic description on Microsoft-Windows-International-Core-WinPE and no reference to what the pre architecture info amd64/wow64 or x86 means in this scenario..... :|

Maby it does not mean anything, but still I wanna read about it. If someone know a search param in the .chm where I could find that info, please respond!

Thanks...

ahh sorry,

i didn't read your question correctly, each each sections objects are relevant to that architecture, say for Microsoft-Windows-International-Core-WinPE_x.xxxxx, the only difference for these parts is what architechture you use, each section should have the same parts, or the ones that pertain to that archtecture type. i know if you try and add a x86 piece to a 64bit file it will fail

amd_64 - 64bit components, only used on x64 installs

wow_64 - 32bit components or support components for 32bit compat installed on x64, only used on x64 installs

x86 - 32bit components installed on x86, only used on x86 installs