My Documents Redirection in SBS2003

swancd

Just setup a new SBS2003 Server. Have configured each users home folder to be a mapped drive H:\

How can I use Group Policy to "redirect" their My Documents folder to the H:\ so that all files are stored on the SBS2003.

Am new to this so if someone could give precise instructions that would be great!

Also.......

2-3 people have laptops and want to be able to take their files "on the road". I guess I need to enable Offline Files and select the files etc.

Again if someone could give precise instructions that would be great!

Thanks in advance!

The best way for you, especially if you are newcomer, is to use Desktop Authority from Scriptlogic. You will be able to not only perform folder redirections for making user documents independent from their computer, but you can simplify all desktop management needs.

The easiest way is to modify the group policy object that applies to the users you want to redirect (at least the root folders on the sbs2003 server or file server where these folders are being redirected must already exist). The policy setting is located in User Configuration > Windows Settings > Folder Redirection.