HELP PLEASE

coca

This is my first AutoIt script I am trying to great.

so that during my installation for windows it installs picasa for me.

so far it seems that every window that comes up as the same title. Which is fine until after install then it shows the bar for progress of the installation. For some reason:( during this point it sends my send commands and doesn't do it on the next windows as I want it too. Hope this makes since.

code below is

Run("picasa.exe")

WinWait("Picasa2 Setup")

If Not WinActive("Picasa2 Setup") Then WinActivate("Picasa2 Setup")

WinWaitActive("Picasa2 Setup")

Send("{ENTER}")

WinWait("Picasa2 Setup")

Send("{TAB}")

Send("{TAB}")

Send("{TAB}")

Send("{ENTER}")

WinWait("Picasa2 Setup")

Send("{TAB}")

Send("{SPACE}")

any help would be great

if this is still related to the issues in your first post (here) rather than start a new thread continue the old thread.

But when looking at the windows try looking for unique text in them also like the name of buttons or labels that are visible to AutoIT Window Info utility. That way they can be more selective of the windows it inputs to.

if this is still related to the issues in your first post (here) rather than start a new thread continue the old thread.

But when looking at the windows try looking for unique text in them also like the name of buttons or labels that are visible to AutoIT Window Info utility. That way they can be more selective of the windows it inputs to.

my origional post..was resolved..and I no longer have that problem.

I have also attempted by using the button names - the program is when the progress screen comes up. I hear a ping noise which means that autoit went onto the next send command - but received that response as error noise - not allowed at the time. I need autoit to wait until the progress window is done:(

I have also attempted by using the button names...

Use the text that AutoIt Info Tool displays as visible and not the text you see as visible. With all the information that AutoIt Info Tool has, then your first script should operate very well.

My full reply to this same issue is here.

:)