Massive Windows XP Upgrade

cpklier

Okay, I'm looking for quite a bit of help here! I need to upgrade around 600 computers in our organization from Windows 2K to Windows XP Pro. I would like to do this all via unattended install. All of the tutorials I have read on the internet and what not all cover how to make an answer file if you are doing a fresh install, I only want to do an upgrade and want it to grab the files from a network share and leave the computer names and such unchanged. Has anyone attempted this before and been successful, or can anyone point me in the direction of some help? Thanks for any help in advance. Hope there aren't too many flames as this is kind of an awkward post...

This paper introduces automated deployment options and other tools used in deploying the Microsoft® Windows® XP Professional operating system in a corporate environment. As a roadmap to deployment resources, it summarizes the advantages and disadvantages of each automated deployment option, and shows where to locate deployment tools.

Deploying Windows XP Part I: Planning

Be sure and check for Part 2 from the navigation window on the left..

:)

I tried just running winnt32.exe from the network share I created with the /unattend command included, it starts to go and then errors out and says a valid cd key was not included in the setup script, does anyone know how to get this included in the setup script?