sata raid problem

halfwayblaze

I have the similar problem with having to install sata raid drivers for windows xp to install properly. I have an asus mobo, 250 gig sata drive, 3 ghz pentium. I made a drivedisk with a floppy in hopes it had all the drivers on it. I went to load it during the install of windows xp. I get a crazy error message.

"File\raide\180\winxp\sisraid.sys caused and unexpected error (18) at line 108 in d:\xpclient\base\boot\setup\oemdisk.

Where have I gone wrong. I'm at my whits end with the raid driver crap!!

The easiest way to do it would be to take your original XPCD (if you even have one), copy it to your HD (C:\XPCD) and use nLite to integrate your SATA drivers (the txtsetup.oem file will be needed to specify appropriate OS).

If you have a brand-name PC (Dell, Acer, etc) they will have a copy of Windows setup files in "C:\1386". If you have this, then you can browse to this location from within nLite.

I do have a copy of windows xp in oem. My computer is not a brand name but a build. I had a asus p4800 mobo that went bad on me. I bought a p4p800 and now I'm trying to repair the copy of xp on my hard drive that I used with the other board. I have some things I need off of it. I'm not yet trying to do a fresh install.

I bought a p4p800 and now I'm trying to repair the copy of xp on my hard drive that I used with the other board. I have some things I need off of it. I'm not yet trying to do a fresh install.

To repair the operating system with the new motherboard, you should be able to do a typical repair install, which doesn't delete any files at all.

As for getting data off the drive, you could put it in another PC as a slave drive and simply copy the files to the master drive or burn to CD/DVD.