I've Gone Back In Time

Atmosphere XG

Hello Fellow Windows 95/98 users.

Well, after trying out the new Firefox (2.0) and experiencing dial up response on a cable network, I've decided to go "Back In Time" and use Firefox 0.9

I've always knew Firefox was getting slower as the versions increased (Like Internet Exploer). Not to mention, I remember having pretty good results before moving towards version 1.1

Opera 9.02 (I may just resort back to 8.5), will always be my Primary Browser. But, when I need a change in scenary, I use Firefox 0.9

I have only one issue, that I've noticed even with Firefox 1.5 How do you "Copy & Paste" on Firefox?

Firefox is the only browser I cannot copy and paste on message boards. I've always had to resort to copying to Word, and dragging the information into Firefox.

:huh: has always worked perfectly for me, but since 1.5 you sometimes cannot use your arrows and PGDN/PGUP keys, neither in the address bar nor in a text field. It works fine after minimizing (with a click on the _, it won't work if you use shortcuts) and re-opening it tho. Edited by xtrm

Firefox 1.5.0.7 [and all older 1.5.0.x builds I've tried] has slow JavaScript loading problems on some servers [including MSFN sometimes], depending on traffic, server load etc.

That's why the arrows/page up/page down keys do not work in such cases [but the mouse pointer does], until all scripts are completely loaded.

The good news:

It seems that Firefox 1.5.0.8 fixed this bug. I haven't noticed script slow downs yet with this build.

Correction:

Firefox 1.5.0.8 does not fix the slow down bug.

Still present on some web sites, especiallty when loading a new browser instance. :(

IMO:

I don't like the interface changes in Firefox 2.0. ;(

And besides, most of my extensions do not work with 2.0, they need to be updated for the 2.x builds.

HTH

I have 1.5.0.8 and the issue I posted still happens :/. It's not a thing of slow loading it seems, 'cause one time it can work, I leave the window open and do some other stuff and suddenly it doesn't work anymore and I have to perform that move mentioned above. Another time it won't work no matter how long I wait, I just have to do that move to get it working again.

still Firefox (1.5) is very slow at javascript, that's definitely true - but I won't switch to 2.0, too many changes, no good

That's because it's got a very low percentage of the browser share, coupled with the fact that it's not open-source. By the way, one of the security vulnerabilities they fixed broke how cookies work. This is because the vulnerability had to do with how cookies worked.

That's because it's got a very low percentage of the browser share, coupled with the fact that it's not open-source. By the way, one of the security vulnerabilities they fixed broke how cookies work. This is because the vulnerability had to do with how cookies worked.

That's very interesting!

Well, after a few days toying with Firefox, my curiosity has been fulfilled. And I'm back on Opera 9.02

I agree with Jeremy. For my computer Opera just works best in terms of stability and performance.