Win98SE drag-in-drop filecopy invalid parameter

spod

Hi,

The other day I was creating a few large zip files on my 20g D: drive. The files were 3 and 4 GB respectively. When I tried to copy the files to my 40g E: drive I get an error message stating something like 'unable to copy - invalid parameter'

Apparently Fat32 supports the file size as I can read it, extract and compare it ... I just cannot copy.

Is this a artificial restriction in file copy? An artifact of earlier windows routines?

Any ideas how to move these files? I want to move the 20g to another computer.

thanx in advance for any insights

Winzip 8.x has trouble with zips over 2gb (from personal experience, that is), try winzip 9. Also, I think it's just about on the limit of the max filesize for Fat32 - give winzip9 a try, or failing that, use WinRAR (which gives better compression anyway). Failing that, just copy the files across unzipped. Best of luck :)

WinZip SUCKS!!! There is a better program call WinRAR v3.20.

You can try before you buy.

WinRAR is a powerful archive manager. It can backup your data and reduce size of email attachments, decompress RAR, ZIP and other files downloaded from Internet and create new archives in RAR and ZIP file format. You may try WinRAR before buy, its trial version is available.

There site

http://www.rarlab.com