Process hittin 100

wormyx

Why ? i scaned for virus, malware, adware, spyware...non was found..it was okay ysday, just 2day after making some dvd movies, this process thing just rise when i went to My Document/MyVideo folder where it contains few movies.No i neva had this problem when i went inside this folder, its just after making this dvd movies.I dont know why, sudden rise just like that. and yes im using orginal oem from window xp sp2 with latest patch n updates.120g hdd, 2 partitions.

post-115335-1164222238_thumb.jpg

Download autoruns and shellexview, and disable all non-Microsoft items in both utilities. Reboot, and see if the problem recurs.
Actually, I think the problem is being caused by M$'s own shell hook for generating previews and getting info of media files.

BTW, unless this is a screenshot taken mid-work with many programs open, 212M is a rather high commit charge... my system boots at ~67M and doesn't go past 150 unless I open a lot of apps.

Edited by LLXX

Download autoruns and shellexview, and disable all non-Microsoft items in both utilities. Reboot, and see if the problem recurs.

Actually, I think the problem is being caused by M$'s own shell hook for generating previews and getting info of media files.

BTW, unless this is a screenshot taken mid-work with many programs open, 212M is a rather high commit charge... my system boots at ~67M and doesn't go past 150 unless I open a lot of apps.

No, i din open any apps.this result is just after i closed the my document/wher the video files r located.Usually the thumb preview thing only i open n the document is still open on the bground rite.Now i neva open anything on the bground, i closed the video folder already.But i din open em. After disabling all the process wht must i do cluberti ? how if theres the same pronblem ?

If you disable all non-Microsoft shell hooks and startup / service items via shellexview and autoruns, then we need to get a process dump of explorer.exe when it's using 100% CPU - you'll need to install the debugging tools for windows, and gather an "adplus -hang" mode dump of explorer.exe when the problem occurs. I guess I'm asking at this point, did you disable the non-Microsoft items, and is the issue still occurring?

Hai,

The problem has been solved, i disable my Guest account on my pc, and it solved the matter.Now my process is normal even i went inside the video folder.Thanx anyway i will keep the tools thou, maybe this will be repeated in the future.

Regards

Wormyx