Sandra won't run becuase of registry tweak

Marthax

Hi Guys!

When I created my registry tweak file, I didn't think I'd be using Sisoft Sandra one day, and so I included a tweak that disables a service which Sandra depends on. The problem is though that I can't remember which one it was. I've googled around for it with no luck. I'm sure I've read it somewhere, but I can't seem to remember. Can anyone help me out here?

Oh, I'm getting an "Sandra.exe - application error" message.

Thanks in advance!

Marthax

I honestly can't see why you would have trouble starting the Sandra services unless they have dependencies on one (or more) of the disabled services. However, since Sandra is a performance tool, perhaps setting the Performance logs and alerts service back to manual will help?

@LLXX: What's your point? Those services are set to manual which means that they will be enabled when needed and I have not touched them since I tampered with my services when I didn't have Sandra.

@cluberti: Set to manual, but not difference. It shouldn't either. Performance and Logs is a completely different story.

@LLXX: What's your point? Those services are set to manual which means that they will be enabled when needed and I have not touched them since I tampered with my services when I didn't have Sandra.
Tried starting both of them first? I know that some apps don't start the service themselves if they're not started and set to Manual, they just wait and timeout because the service was never started in the first place.

I try starting them, but they deny the startup. I've changed them to automatic, but that yields the same message.

Could it be that my Windows got screwed up somehow? Is there some other way to solve this besides reinstalling Windows?

At this point, I'm not really certain as to what could be causing it (nothing seems to jump out as the culprit other than performance logs and alerts, and that's just a stab in the dark). Perhaps at this point using Process Monitor from sysinternals to see if we get any access denied messages from the filesystem or in the registry, or perhaps installing the Userdump application from Microsoft to gather a dump of Sandra crashing - I honestly can't think of anything else, as I'm not a big Sandra user.