User name problem

DeadheadDuke

I am using XP Pro. with SP 2 and all available patches on my Dell Inspiron 8600 laptop. Somehow a ficticious name (simply "Be") appeared in my Documents and Settings folder some time back. I was always in a hurry and I ignored the strange user name thinking it was something put there by Dell. Then I had a problem that required me to contact Dell support so I asked if they put the user folder on the computer for some peculiar remote service reason. They said no.

In trying to gain some insight into the issue I have found that the folders shown under user "Be" are actually the folders belonging to another user name called "Cecil Britton Adm". The Adm indicating an account with Administrative privileges.

I can not find the user name "Be" listed in Users and Groups in Control Panel, in Users in Administrative tools or in My Computer/Properties/Advanced/User Profiles so I can't delete it. I do find it in a number of registry keys.

Can anyone give me a hint as to how to get rid of this phony user and get things back to normal?

Thanks

Cecil Britton

Remove user "Cecil Britton Adm" from list.

Remove his profile data "Be"

This case can be done with creating a new user and rename it later, data profile keep the first name.

If you use "Cecil Britton Adm" account, you must keep "Be" folder and you can't rename it easily ...