Frequent Vista X64 Ultimate Bluescreen

doomuk

Anyone having simlar probs?

Ive installed X64 ultimate edition and it randomly bluescreens and crashes. Sometimes it will run all night and other times it fall fall over after only a few mins.

It only crashes when im activley using it but I can be playing ink ball or messing around with the sidebar, nothing cpu intensive.

Ive got ati x800 GPU with installed x64 vista drivers

Intel 64 bit 3gb cpu.

Sata hard drive.

1GB memory

Im a bit sick of it to be honest. The system is SOOOoo nice but its heart wrenching to see it crash so often. I cant go back to xp now.

only thing I can think of is the via4in1 drivers dont install at all. prolly cause there not signed. but it seems to auto install most stuff without requiring them anyway.

Thanks in advance

any chance it could be the power supply?

do you have any non signed drivers installed? on mine the only time its ever bluescreened (since the first public beta) was yeterday when I tried installing newer soundcard drivers, I was actually shocked when i saw the blue screen! vista has been so stable for me.

if you turn off the aero graphics does it still randomly crash?

configure your computer to do a crash dump, most likely it is a faulty driver that is gumming up the machine.

1. go into the advanced system properties (control panel => system)

2. under the advanced tab choose to write debugging information and change it to complete memory dump.

next time it dies it will dump everything in memory at the time and we can see what is happening

drivers.. i find difficulties finding good 32bit drivers, let alone 64bit..

vista used to bluescreen every 1 hour or less in prior-RC2 builds.. it's been pretty much as stable as XP now.. i had several bluescreens yesterday while playing around with the sound settings.. (cmedia driver from XP - created back in 2002.. lol..)

u said nothing about the audio drivers?