PowerShell 1.0 (Final)

CoffeeFiend

Powershell 1.0 was just released (used to be known as "Monad"). There's also a documentation pack (same link above).

Other things you might be interested into: PowerShell Analyzer, PowerShell IDE, and "PowerShell Prompt Here" (like "CMD Here", but for the new shell).

There's also a few wikis with PowerShell scripts, a script repository, lots of tutorials (google is your friend), various interesting articles, an official FAQ, the m.p.w.powershell newsgroup, etc. Seemingly, there's a few books out too.

BTW, the PowerShell team also has their team blog.

It looks like the Redmond folks are shipping everything! Vista, Office 2007, .NET Framework 3, PowerShell...

Edit: You might want to wait for the extra downloads.

The docs are still for RC2. Likely fairly accurate, but one might prefer to wait for the final docs too...

Same goes for PowerShell IDE: for RC2 too. Hopefully be updated in a few days.

And the PowerShell Analyzer needs updating too.

Oh well.

Edited by crahak

Wow... everything is coming out these days. You also forgot IE7 and WMP11, which went final a little while back, but still in the same timeframe.

All that's left now is Orcas final. :D

Wow. So much for posting at like 4AM (that would be before hitting the pillow, not getting up early). I knew I was forgetting a couple things :lol: Oh, I forgot to mention the new version of VSTO for office 2007 too.

I can't wait for Orcas. But there's more things to come too: Atlas (currently Beta 2), LH server, their new "expression" products (sparkle/acrylic/quartz), .NET framework 3.5 (with things like LINQ, ADO.NET vNext and new language features) which will likely ship with Orcas, and several "2007" apps still in beta or RC (like Exchange, MOM, SMS v4, etc).

Edited by crahak