Do unattended methods allow repairing (XP/2K/2003) ?

I've tried dozens of options to make my unattended XP installation disk to allow also repairing corrupted previous installations - with no luck. The only way to make the same disk to work as an effective rpairing tool is when I rename winnt.sif to anything different (which bypasses unattended installations) or mantaining winnt.sif present but modifying the UnattendMode key under [unattended] section, with all parameters possible - also with no luck. :no:

Is there any hidden key or even any other way to make the unattended disk to work as a REPAIRING tool AND unattended installation disk ? :}

BTW, I am not talking about installing console recovering, I am talking about being able to show the repairing option when the installation finds a previous (corrupted) Windows directory.

Thank you all !

--ThundernetBR

The short answer is no a normal unattended cd cannot be used for both unattended installs and a repair.

But, you can create a multi-boot CD where on option boots using a winnt.sif and the other option does not use a SIF file. With optimization turned on the only additional size would be the files required for the multi-boot, everything else is the same.

But, you can create a multi-boot CD where on option boots using a winnt.sif and the other option does not use a SIF file. With optimization turned on the only additional size would be the files required for the multi-boot, everything else is the same.

Thanks IcemanND,

any hint on how to do this ? It would be enough to me to have a single CD with this option, booting to use WINNT.SIF or not. I believe I'll have to rename WINNT.SIF to anything different so I can bypass it on the 'not-unattended' option, is this right ?

--ThundernetBR