video jumping

SteevWatson

When I try to play videos in media player or media centre the playback always jumps. It seems like its missing frames out but the audio is fine. Has anyone else encountred these problems? Is there a solution.

Im using an ASUS A8NE Motherboard with an Athlon 64 3500 processor and a gig of ram. My graphics card is GeForce 730GT. Im using the latest NVIDIA Nforce drivers for my motherboard and the NVIDIA vista drivers for the graphics. Both downloaded from the NVIDIA website. Im using the Advanced Vista Codec Package v4.1.5 codecs

Cheers S

Edited by SteevWatson

This sounds like either a CODEC (a likely suspect) of maybe vid card drivers.

What "Advanced Vista Codec Package v4.1.5 codecs"?

What build of Vista?

When I try to play videos in media player or media centre the playback always jumps. It seems like its missing frames out but the audio is fine. Has anyone else encountred these problems? Is there a solution.

Im using an ASUS A8NE Motherboard with an Athlon 64 3500 processor and a gig of ram. My graphics card is GeForce 730GT. Im using the latest NVIDIA Nforce drivers for my motherboard and the NVIDIA vista drivers for the graphics. Both downloaded from the NVIDIA website. Im using the Advanced Vista Codec Package v4.1.5 codecs

Cheers S