requests and bugs

colore

hello

bugs:

1)I chose "black/no window during setup" option, but I got a window informing me about what is currently istalled (network components, start menu, registering components etc)

2)I chose NOT to use gradient captions in windows, but it does use

3)I chose NOT to underline key shortcuts, but it underlines File,Edit etc when I hit ALT in windows explorer

4)I try to use my language in Regional Settings > Advanced > Language for non-unicode programs, but it asks me for the xp cd (althouth, I removed all but my language in nlite), why?

5)I got "Found new hardware wizard" during installation!!! this is not unattended installation, shouldnt it install the driver on its own?

furthemore, I I was asked to install 3 times the "plug n play monitor", I suppose its a bug

6)I got "use visual styles on windows and buttons" (under visual effects settings) enabled, without even know how (I never chosed it in nlite if it exists there)

7)something very strange: each time I hover mouse over an item from a context (right click) menu in explorer or desktop, a light blue box is appeared in the selection, instead of the classic deep blue one

request new features:

1)autocycle cd after reboot so that xp installation will continue

2)preconfigure drivers (eg customize hardware settings, disable their tray icons etc)

3)tweak: delete = moves directly to recycle bin instead of asking

4)ability to set "Regional Settings > Advanced > Language for non-unicode programs"

5)ability to choose key sequence to change languages

6)now nlite only adds new keyboard language, I want to add new input language too (see regional settings)

7)can I integrate a wallpaper? only wallpaper, not skin or whatever

thanks

1-there is no "no window during setup" afaik but a "classic setup screen".

3-behaviour is to always underline or to underline only when ALT is pressed. Again, afaik, nlite can not change this. You may hack explorer.exe if you really want.

5-I guess you have slipstreamed DirectX and removed cat files. Also, I guess some of the found devices are DBA things.

7-this happens because of a combination between black setup background and classic setup screen. Yesterday, I couldn't use these tweaks as I do usually and got deep blue. But don't you think light blue is much nicer (see attachment)

1-that wouldn't be a tweak but a hack, I don't think it's so easy to do with windows. However, you may use CDShell and make it first check if /*introduce correct thing here, have no idea ATM*/

3-isn't that tweak already present ?

7-for now, you may add it to $OEM$\$$\Web\Wallpaper

Who wants to deal with even numbers now ? :D

attachment : VM not booting anymore, autolong-password problem...

3-isn't that tweak already present ?

the tweak you mean says "if enabled, files will be deleted directly, instead of moving them to recycle bin", which is apparently not what I want

the above option is in:

right click Recycle bin > properties > do not move files to recycle bin

the option I proposed to be added as tweak (ie to delete files without warning, either to recycle bin or permanently depending of your settings) is in the same tab (recycle bin properties) just below ("display or not delete confirmation dialog")

2)I chose NOT to use gradient captions in windows, but it does use

There is a small problem with setting up the bitmasks such as UserPreferencesMask or ShellState. Explorer seems to always reset most of values to its defaults. :realmad: I hope it could be resolved somehow, because I wanted to suggest some new tweaks based on the bitreg directive. :(

This tweak would be really dangerous in combination with Recycle Bin: delete files directly. :) Anyway, this is ShellState tweak and there could be a problem I wrote above. I would like to see this tweak in nLite, too. ;)

This tweak would be really dangerous in combination with Recycle Bin: delete files directly. :) Anyway, this is ShellState tweak and there could be a problem I wrote above. I would like to see this tweak in nLite, too. ;)

I think more dangerous is to delete directly without sending to recycle bin, even with notification (see accidental click of ok)

comparing to deleting without notification to recycle bin

I always use "dont ask" and "move to recycle bin" combination