drivers integration

colore

hello

how do I integrate "Microsoft Universal Audio Architecture (UAA) Bus Driver for High Definition Audio" driver?

it does not have an .inf file, it has only cab/exe files

furthemore, in many of my drivers, there are more than one .inf files, which should I choose?

eg in "Intel Chipset Installation Utility for ICH7" driver, under its "XP" folder there are 5 .inf files

eg in Texas Instruments driver, each of the 2 inf gives different info when loaded in nlite

and last, some hotfixes require Windows Installer 3.1, am I able to integrate these hotfixes?

thanks

Edited by colore

how do I integrate "Microsoft Universal Audio Architecture (UAA) Bus Driver for High Definition Audio" driver?

it does not have an .inf file, it has only cab/exe files

You have to extract (unzip) the file.

nLite can only integrate drivers with one or more INF files.

furthemore, in many of my drivers, there are more than one .inf files, which should I choose?
It doesn't matter which one you choose. nLite will copy all of them onto your nLited CD and the installation Setup of the OS will grab the right (=compatible) one for your hardware.

thanks but I already know this, though there is nothing extractable in "Microsoft Universal Audio Architecture (UAA) Bus Driver for High Definition Audio" :/
If you already knew this before, why did you ask? Without INF file you cannot integrate it.

You should have mentioned, that this "driver" is nothing else than a Windows Hotfix (KB888111).

Why don't you integrate it as Hotfix?

You should have mentioned, that this "driver" is nothing else than a Windows Hotfix (KB888111).

thats very interesting and I didnt know it

the driver was shipped with my laptop and not as a hotfix

so what if its a modified driver to suit my laptop? there is no way to integrate this and not the hotfix?

thats very interesting and I didnt know it

the driver was shipped with my laptop and not as a hotfix

so what if its a modified driver to suit my laptop? there is no way to integrate this and not the hotfix?

It is a Microsoft hotfix (KB888111). So you should integrate it as hotfix.

After the complete install of the OS you can update the audio driver. The OS should find the new driver automaticly, because it was integrated by nLite.