hotfix batch for unattended installation

You're welcome.

It's not the best method by any means or the most flexible (the MS OPK) but it does give a place to start. I know we're terrible at providing much in the way of good documentation

but we do make great marketing literature :)

well i have not posted this one yet. I'm testing it first. I'm creating a cmd file and loading outside of the actaull install setting through that. I'm calling the cmd file in the svcpack.inf instead the of the hotfix itself and then the cmd file calls the hotfix directly and gives full paths for everything. That hotfix is very stinky about full paths.

Now thats interesting i had not thought about altering the files in the hotfix to achive my ends. I was looking for a way to use the stock stuff as passing around modded hotfixes could cause problems for some people. Well at any rate it works like I have it now so I'm pretty happy with the results.

thanks I'll keep that in mind. I'm pretty handy wiht the inf scripts also so it should not be to hard to work out. And I'm sure I'll need to use that method as I jsut noticed somebody wanting dx9b slipstreamed and at this point I'm thinking maybe to try a few other things.

Medic, I'll recommend not slipstreaming 9b. It's been tried in house but only with limited success because the structure is registry wise much different from 8.1.

but if you have to give it at go

use the svcpack method which does seem to work so far

create a sub dir with a sub path in the matching dosnet and svcpack infs

and use the usual command switch

not possible to slipstream it, planned to be included in sp-3 as I know it right now

but no plans for a bundling thru sp-2

the msi can be unfolded but the dlls and reg entries it creates as well as the account it creates are done with the OS up for now. It is an addon for now

but 2.0 is being built for ground up installs due Q-3 '04

There might be an alternate, but I'd have to talk to someone in the server group tomorrow to know for sure.

But as I understand it, its rolled into 2k3 in the same way as the svcpack method right now, just using an inf, same as the inf your using for addon apps