I patched my uxtheme file, now what?

ceez

FORGET IT, PLEASE DELETE POST. I RETRIED IT AND IT WORKED...PRETTY SIMPLE...HEH! :)

MODS PLEASE DELETE, THKZ!!! :D

Ok so I was curious and patched, I downloaded a theme from themexp.com. The zip had an executable, I ran the executable and got a window to install the theme. It also mentioned the following:

...you willneed to immediately check within the themes folder and see if there are any fonts to install, there will be a fonts folder with fonts if installation is necessary.

so i did, I copied the fonts file from C:\WINDOWS\Resources\Themes\ForeverBlue2\Font and pasted it on my Windows\fonts folder. Installation was ok. Then I selected the theme and everything turned black, the only thing I could see were the taskbar, desktop icons. Only icons, everything else (including text) was completely blacked out. I was able to restore to an original theme by using my great memory and the use of the keyboard to access the display (no mouse, couldnt see it either btw)

So what did I do wrong? Seems pretty straight forward

I used the following cmd to patch my uxtheme.dll

ECHO.

ECHO Copying patched UXTheme.dll...

REN %systemroot%\System32\dllcache\uxtheme.dll uxtheme.old

COPY "%systemdrive%\Install\uxtheme\uxtheme.dll" "%systemroot%\System32\dllcache\"

REN %systemroot%\System32\uxtheme.dll uxtheme.old

COPY "%systemdrive%\Install\uxtheme\uxtheme.dll" "%systemroot%\System32\"

After the patch I got the Windows protection file thingie (SFC) and clicked cancel.

Selected new theme and well, you've read it already! :rolleyes:

thkz for the help guys