What to do, when IE did not opening movies?

trodas

Always after a fresh win install (after installing codecs and Win Media player 9 for WMV quick seeking) I end up in situation that instead of getting the requester "Open, Save, Cancel... Do not ask again" in IE after clicking on direct movie link in IE6, I got just a error, like the link is not valid. Usualy more clicking lead to complete wait for - well, nothing.

I fing out that just starting the Win Media Player 9 fix all that and IE finally ask me about the WMV file, the mpeg and mpg files as well. It does asked about rm/ram files corectly before, just these aren't much used, so... No gain.

But the real trouble now is the mov QT files. They are rare, yet I want them to play in BSplayer too, and not into some sort of build-in IE plugin. I deleted the plugin, but IE6 still not asking and play into new IE window instead of downloading the file to TMP dir and play from there using BSplayer - what now, guys?

(using the QT Alternative v1.70)

Zxian - okay then :yes:

bonestonne - well, none of what you say looking like a solution. I certainly won't upgrade or change anything, that if for start. Second, I managed and posted how, to get all the .avi, .mpg, .mpeg, .rm, .ram, .wmv files to play well w/o asking just on click in my BSplayer.

LAST thing I want to is WMP 10.

ALL I want to is the damned requester after clicking on .mov file, asking me, what to do back. How I do THIS? Registers, somewhere? :angel