How can I get rid of the CMD console and get a graphical interface wit

The Lone Programmer

Is there a way to get rid of the CMD console that boots with the WinPE disc? When I close it, my virtual machine just reboots.

I have been making a start menu, and it works as well with WinPE, but the console is still there.

How are you guys getting WinPE to get a startmenu and everything without having to use the command line and stuff?

- The Lone Programmer

Fast explanation:

If you made your own .exe, you just need to modify the reg key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Setup cmdline= to point to your .exe.

Detailled explanations:

This reg key has to be modified before burning your winpe cd. You'll need to start regedit the select HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, then do file load hive go to i386\system32 sub folder of your winpe folder, then select setupreg.hiv (this is the system hive for winPE). Put a name when asked like systemPE. Then got to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEMPE\Setup and edit the value cmdline to your liking. Finally select HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEMPE and go to file unload hive.

Then burn your CD like you usually do.

Fast explanation:

If you made your own .exe, you just need to modify the reg key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Setup cmdline= to point to your .exe.

Detailled explanations:

This reg key has to be modified before burning your winpe cd. You'll need to start regedit the select HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, then do file load hive go to i386\system32 sub folder of your winpe folder, then select setupreg.hiv (this is the system hive for winPE). Put a name when asked like systemPE. Then got to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEMPE\Setup and edit the value cmdline to your liking. Finally select HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEMPE and go to file unload hive.

Then burn your CD like you usually do.

• 2 months later...