Problem with XP

XiaoHuaiDan3000

I just got a new computer (yay:D ). It also came with Microsoft Office XP Small Business (I think) installed. Yet whenever I open an Office program, save Word XP, there's a pop-up asking for the activation code:WTF?: . The computer didn't come with a key except for Microsoft Word, which also came as a CD-ROM with the computer. This is getting me really mad:mad: :mad: :mad: as you can tell. Can anyone help? I'd appreciate it.

is it asking for an ACTIVATION CODE or the COA (Cert of Auth)/ Product ID. The COA/PID will be in the form _____-_____-_____-_____-_____

The product will not even load without the PID entered.

If it is the activation code - just activate it. This code is generated after the product is installed. Be connected to the internet and tell the Office Activation Wizard to do its thing.

LS

The company that makes the puter should be able to get you the proper codes. I know that infrequently (but it does happen) the replicators that do the software for MS - that goes to OEMs - will produce faulty kits - with no COA labels etc. If you bought the PC from a Dell or Compaq or any other manufacturer - they will be able to provide you with the COA codes you need. You paid for it - get the real thing. If you don't have success with that route - search IRC - you should be able to find the Product ID for XP Small Business that way also.

LS

You need to get eDonkey or Limewire or one of the other file sharing apps. Then search using the search term "Office XP Small Business" - or whatever version you have. You MUST be certain of the version, because the PIDs are different for each one. You might also try emailing the seller you bought it from. They should have included the PID with the system if they installed the software.

LS

DUDE - spend a few minutes reading through the TONS of posts on this forum. If you d/l a crack - it will come with the PID. THAT is the whole point of d/l-ing using gnutella etc. To be able to try out full versions of stuff before paying for it. If you decide to keep using it after you have tried it - ahem, that is up to you. Ahem.

LS

Holly s*** I spent 10 min ready all this crap......

3 things to do........

1. Contact the person you bought it from and get a product key, also check inside your case or on the back or sides, sometimes the tape them on there. Little sticker with a key on it.

2. You got screwed, go buy it from the store

3. You got screw but you wont let it happen again. Go to www.google.com and put a search in for any of these:

Kazza, morpheus, edonkey, limelight, direct connect, or go on IRC and look for WAREZ servers. That it, nothing else can be done, and yo ushouldnt be parinode....FBI wont bother with you

:spaced

-XPerties