WRT54G AND 2003 SERVER

mrhwai

HI,

SINCE CONNECT THE LINKSYS WRT54G CAN'T ATTACH or CONNECT DRIVER FROM 2003 SERVER STD.

BUT IF CONNECT DIRECTLY BY WIRE HAVE NOT PROBLEM TO FIND A DRIVE TO CONNECT . PLASE SOME BODY KNOW HOW CAN I RESOLVE CONNECTION PROBLEM .

REGARDS.

couple things I would test first.

I assume you're trying to connect to a mapped drive on your server 2003, so everything I'm about to suggest is based off that assumption.

1. can you ping the server 2003 machine from another machine on your network?

2. Is that server's computer name listed in your workgroup on your network places?

3. Do you have any other machines on your network you are trying to map drives to, or is this the only one? Can you test from a different machine?

let us know how you make out

Thank's Rendrag ,

1.Yes I'm try to connect to Mapped driver from XP to 2003 server .

2.Others desktop is connect by "Wire" and is running. (can connect and run application)

3.Only Movil unit (portable pc) via wire and wireless can't connect mapped drive.

4.It's responding ICMP request (ping)

5.Can't see server name from network.

6.I Can connect with remote desktop connection . (ok)

Regards.

i'd definitely make sure that you haven't statically assigned IP addresses to any of the machines. If you have, go back to DHCP for everything until you get this worked out. It's possible there's an IP conflict when you mix in static and DHCP if you haven't planned for it first.

from the run prompt (start > run) does typing "//2003_server_name" (without quotes) get you anywhere? It should bring up the shared folders on that server.