Windows Installer Problems after Windows Xp Pro Install

b-rian

I tried to fix the problem by reflashing the System Bios using my jump drive as a boot device and forcing the Bios to update, but this did not fix the problem. Anyone have an idea is to what I can do to fix this annoying problem? Here is a screen shot of what it shows on the desktop immediately after start up.

desktop1bv9.th.png

Thanks in Advance,

Brian

Edited by b-rian

I had the same problem earlier, search for an earlier response i put for this issue.

here is the link

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=83743&hl=

If that doesnt work use this which i copied and pasted from it, please tell me if it works for u because I want to know if it worked for others!!

Original text:

Well for all of you guys that have been having trouble with their battery drivers, here is a solution that I have tried and worked for me. First do a search for the dll files so u know ur placing everyting where it needs to be.

Find BATT.DL_ from ur I386 folder or ur installation disk.

Copy it and paste it into ur C:\WINDOWS\system32.

Rename batt.dl_ to Batt.dll

It will give u sometihng that that the installation is bad, just undo rename and then cancel the popup

Then try to search for the drivers again and make it search in your C:\WINDOWS\inf,

do it for both your missing drivers and you should be set.

As this was done by chance I might have missed something in my instruction, so if it doesnt work for you I will be attempting it on a fresh install and will post my step by step instructions again. If anyone can add to this it would be apprichative as i cant see my powercord icon charging yet.

*BTW now i can see it charging but it doesnt give me time left to charge*

Please tell me of any findings u find along the way

Enjoy

Edited by fuligin

Your method did work out for my laptop battery installer problem...I didn't have to rename the file though. Thanks for the advice...very easy fix to days worth of trouble!

Edited by b-rian