event problems after re-imaging system

Hi,

I have just spend some 5 hours rebuilding my HP M7580.uk PC,

First i used the HP Recovery Dvd to reinstall the factory build and then installed all my applications such as office 2003, updates and so on.

I then booted into Ghost 2003 and created a ghost image of drive 1 which is a two partition drive first partition is drive “C” and the second is drive “E” (this being the HP recovery partition), the ghost imaging went well with no errors and verified ok.

I then wanted to test this new image , so I deleted all partitions on drive 1 and then reinstalled the ghost image, after imaging the system booted ok as normal and as soon as I logged on the system took a further 3-4 min to load into windows desktop. I was prompted that new hardware/device changes had been found and asked to reboot, It also seemed that during this reboot windows found recovery Drive e and i was prompted to view drive (Just like when loading a CD – Auto load).

On restarting no errors, no delay everything is OK.

On checking the event log the only error reported is those found on the first boot after imaging..

Under the event log i had the following error:

Event ID 7026

Description: The following b oot-start or system-start driver (s) failed to load:

eeCtrl

SAVRTPEL

SPBBCDrv

SYMTDI

vmm

and then...

Event ID 7024

Description: The Symantec SPBBCSvc service terminated with service-specific error 4294967295 (0XFFFFFFFF).

After searching on Google I understand that all of the above seem to be something to do with “Symantec Internet Security 2006” that I have installed and i am wondering why this has happened and does this not effect the stability of the system....

Its also good to confirm that the first partition on the drive is the recovery (Fat32) and second is the primary with windows xp on it (NTFS) so maybe this is the issue?? ;)

Edited by ner