icm icc file placement?

when you create a working xpcd folder, where would you place any .icc . icm files please?

(the reference comes from an .inf file in the I386 folder; there is no obvious path? (I know where it ends up - but that is not the issue).

hope someone knows?

:hello:

You could place them directly in $OEM$\$$\system32\spool\drivers\color, but it might be better to put them in a $OEM$\$1\Drivers\Monitor folder and to include that folder in the OemPnpDriversPath.

@ctrl-x :hello:

thank you!

INF CopyFiles Directive

The INF file writer also supplies path specifications to files that are copied from source media in either of the following ways:

In vendor-supplied INF files, by using the INF SourceDisksNames section and, possibly, the INF SourceDisksFiles section to explicitly specify the full path to each named source file that is not in the installation root on the distribution media.

In system-supplied INF files, by supplying one or more additional INF files, identified by name in the LayoutFile entry of the INF Version section.

@everyone: :hello:

...in accordance with the above quote I have attached a file with the relevant sections ONLY. Have a look at the file and tell me if you think that in this 'given' scenario, the ICM file would be best placed at the ROOT of the [distribution] source media? (i.e. right on the CD itself - not inside any other folders).

OR :blushing:

I could always copy it to:

ROOT

+I386

+DRIVER CAB

+$OEM$\$1\Drivers\Monitor folder

+$OEM$\$$\system32\spool\drivers\color

....and just hope that it is found!! :huh:

monitorINF_sections_directive_.inf

Edited by the_doc735

You could place them directly in $OEM$\$$\system32\spool\drivers\color, but it might be better to put them in a $OEM$\$1\Drivers\Monitor folder and to include that folder in the OemPnpDriversPath.

@'Ctrl-X' :hello:

; Destination Directories
;-------------------------------------------------
[DestinationDirs]
DefaultDestDir = 11 ; LDID_SYS
monitor.infs.copy = 17 ; LDID_INF
L1915S.Copyfiles = 23

I believe this bit "L1915S.Copyfiles = 23" instructs setup to place the ICM in "C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\drivers\color" folder? - yes?

"23 = Color directory (ICM) (not used for installing printer drivers)"
i.e. that's where it ends up alright as placed by the modified monitor.inf file. I want to know where the monitor.inf file looks for the ICM initially. I attach the relevant sections of the .inf file herewith. However, it's not obvious to me [by reading this file] where the setup is instructed to look as it just says %disk%?

; Source Disks Names
;-------------------------------------------------
[SourceDisksNames]
1=%DISK%,,,

The INF file supplies path specifications to files that are copied from source media in the following way:

...by using the INF SourceDisksNames section to explicitly specify the full path to each named source file that is not in the installation root on the distribution media.

Does the afore mentioned 'installation root' equate to %disk% perhaps? :wacko:

Edited by the_doc735

The %disk% variable points to a line saying "disk=" in the [strings] section of the .inf file. Since there's no path in the [sourceDisksNames] section, you should place all related files in the same folder as the .inf file.