Dual Network Cards

HULL03

I am attempting to provide internet access to a w2k server on a network (let's call it N1), through an ADSL router situated on another network (let's call it N2). The server in question has a gigabit network card which is running it's N1 LAN quite happily, it also has a 100 m/bit network card which is intended to access the internet through the N2 network hub. The ADSL router is configured and is supplying internet access to N2 with no problems. I have connected a cat 5 cable between the w2k server 100 m/bit network card and the N2 hub, I synchronised the cards ip addresses +1 & sub net mask between server and router and can access the ADSL router set-up interface through the w2k server's browser, however, despite setting up the w2k server's internet access connection to be through the LAN, I cannot yet access the internet through the router on N2. Is it trying to use the gigabit network card to make the wizard driven connection through the LAN? Although it must be using the 100 m/bit card to access the ADSL config page, because it is the only card with the IP address in the same range. I actually ran out of time today, but would like to finish up tomorrow if possible. - My question is: can anybody offer any quick advice on how this particular set up ought to be configured in order for it to provide a secure and stable internet connection - Thankyou :)

In XP, If your sharing the internet over a LAN, your server pc (the one with the direct access to the net) needs to have the ip 192.168.0.1 and your clients need to get their IPs automatically. Any other configuration will not share the internet. Try doing that to your 2k machines.

I have had mine set up with 2 NIC's and both were on different LAN's. To say have the N1 connected to Internet and N2 connected to the second LAN that has 3 other PC's on it. Now all I do is make a bridge connection on the computer running the 2 NICs and I can now access the internet across the bridge from N2 computers.

:)