Windows Vista's DVD Maker

Denny3650

Works fine for me for the most part. Have gotten a couple of coasters from it tho. Not sure what it is, when it worked for me I know that I had just freshly re-booted. When it didn't work for me I got an error from the drive that indicated that power levels were not calibrated. I think right now that DVD maker still has some problems with simply communicating with the DVD drives for some reason. I see a lot of posts from people elsewhere that have problems with it also.

Thank you, does anyone know of a dvd maker similar to the one in vista? that lets you create dvd menus and customize it like the one in vista?

im asking becouse the dvd maker in vista is not working and i really need a program that can make dvd menu's

Danny, I found something that worked for someone else. Try de-selecting all of the PIXELA filters, and the Divx Demux from the Video Compatibility tab.

Also, after it fails look in event log for a '-2' error. The -2 means something really weird happened, for example like a decoder wasn't found, which shouldn't happen. The entry should look something like this:

(the words between the < and > are mine - they vary from machine to machine usually)

Log Name: Application

Source: Dvd Maker

Date: <what ever the date and time it happened>

Event ID: 1001 <or maybe something different depends on the event sequence>

Task Category: None

Level: Error

Keywords: <this may vary>

User: N/A

Computer: <your computer name here>

Description:

The Dvd Maker engine returned an error code (-2) when burning the disc.

There may also be a second entry that looks like this:

Log Name: Application

Source: Dvd Maker

Date: <what ever the date and time it happened>

Event ID: 1002 <or maybe something different depends on the event sequence - usually after the - 2 error event>>

Task Category: None

Level: Error

Keywords: <this may vary>

User: N/A

Computer: <your computer name here>

Description:

Dvd Maker returned an error code (0xFFFFFFFE) when burning the disc.

Regarding burning software that works,

Nero Ultra Edition 6.6.1.4 worked fine in RC1, dont know about 5728 - the virtual drive thing doesn't work in it, and the Nero backup doesn't work, so don't install those parts.

You can use Nero 7 some say, but can't use the virtual drive or backup

Roxio 8 worked on earlier builds, dont know about current builds myself but others say it works

VSO Software's - CopyToDVD - DVD Backup Software - supposed to work perfectly and its not bloated like other products.

You could also try Micro Burner from SilentNight, 4X version is freeware, 5X version will do DVD's and is fairly priced ($29.00 single license): http://www.silentnight2004.com/microburner.html

Edited by Spooky

Got it to work by converting the video to mpeg

the problem now is that converting it made the video's quality drop really badly, from dvd quality to low 56k quality it also made the video soundless so now theres no sound in the video

sorry to be such a bother i just need to ask one more question: do any of you know of a good converting program that doesnt sacrifice video quality?

Denny,

The fact that you had to convert it indicates a problem. You shouldn't have needed to do that. Its a problem in the beta. However, this weekend the next build (the last one before RTM) is due to be released and this problem is supposed to be fixed.

Got it to work by converting the video to mpeg

the problem now is that converting it made the video's quality drop really badly, from dvd quality to low 56k quality it also made the video soundless so now theres no sound in the video

sorry to be such a bother i just need to ask one more question: do any of you know of a good converting program that doesnt sacrifice video quality?

• 1 month later...

everytime i go to start the burn process i get an error message saying :

not enough storage to complete the (something)

i have done everything from increasing disk space, to ram, to registery/virtual memory, and even cutting down on the items to be burned.... all of this to no avail

if anyone has any input at all it would be greatly appreciated!

THanks.

• 2 weeks later...