Install Theme by default

yup this in your winnt.sif

[shell]

; DefaultStartPanelOff = Yes

; DefaultThemesOff = Yes

; defaultthemesoff = yes will override this setting

CustomDefaultThemeFile = "%systemroot%\Resources\Themes\MyTheme.theme"

Rember if you shut all the other things off them well your themes wont work. if they include visual styles.

yup this in your winnt.sif

[shell]

; DefaultStartPanelOff = Yes

; DefaultThemesOff = Yes

; defaultthemesoff = yes will override this setting

CustomDefaultThemeFile = "%systemroot%\Resources\Themes\MyTheme.theme"

Rember if you shut all the other things off them well your themes wont work. if they include visual styles.

Will this work on a .msstyle with a patched uxtheme.dll?

You had to ask that. Ok here goes you have ot create a theme that uses the msstyle you want and then select that theme.

Now the bad part I have my install working great with everything installed as default user and it autologs in and everything. The problem is that you can't replace the uxtheme.dll soon enough in the install to have any of the styles be automaticly setup when you finaly boot in but everything else about your theme will work and you can simply right click on the desktop and select the theme or msstyle you want. I have tried this multiple ways but about my only option left is to use that wfp hack you posted and simply shut it off and then turn it back pon after install. That would ease things up a bit.

By the way was that dll one of the ones you could replace or no. If it is I could turn off wfp maybe soon enough in the install to have this all work. I'm guessing here but I Think it may work.

The problem with wfp is that the file in the I386 dir is signed by Microsoft i have tried to replace the file in setup so that wfp is off from the word go but it does not work. so i replace it before i install anything its right that the begining of the batch file.

Same with uxtheme.dll

i can try to fake a Microsoft Sig but it would be very hard to do this i will look into it for both of us.

PS. if you need the file again you can download it from my new site.

hm interesting i never would have thought about doing it that way. Let me know if it works.  That would be handy for repalcing all kinds of files.

Dont porpose you no where i can get whats called a private key file or CVS do you?

:)

No i dont. You see a private key is something you have to generate yourself. The thing is that microsoft most likely has their own keys and they are all internal to them which means that you and i have no way of getting them to sighn the binary with to begin with. I had not thought about that.

No i dont. You see a private key is something you have to generate yourself. The thing is that microsoft most likely has their own keys and they are all internal to them which means that you and i have no way of getting them to sighn the binary with to begin with. I had not thought about that.

i will look it up and see if there has been any got out on to the net.

:)

say the theme file was not there from setup and was only put there after setup was complete this would have no effect has the uxtheme.dll is not used until after the batch file in complete so if you remove the uxtheme file from the windows xp cd and then add it after setup is complete at mite work.

ok here goes when you save your theme you can have a background set in it. But you an also use this in the registry.

;[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Desktop\General]
"BackupWallpaper"="c:\\windows\\web\\wallpaper\\Sunset.jpg"
"Wallpaper"="c:\\windows\\web\wallpaper\\The Beach.jpg"

I do both I set the theme in my winnt.sif and also use this to set a background. You know this will set it as default for all users. I apply this in my root reg tweaks which I apply in my through commands.txt before anybody logs in.

I'll do a write up on how to do commands.txt and give my cofig files. I use this so I can get arround using any autologin in my winnt.sif.