users

colore

hello

I dont understand this:

under 'unattended', under 'users' there is a list with the users account

at the right, there is a section called 'personal' with 'user name' and 'full name' entries

whats their difference? what will happen if I leave them blank? is there any documentation about them? what about the other entries (description, organization)?

moreover, nlite asked me to give a 'full name' for the administrator account, why?

last, under 'network id' tab there is a 'computer name' entry, what is it for? what will happen if I leave it blank?

thanks

Username is with what you logon, full name is like a descriptive full name of that username.

Username can't be blank, fullname can in all except administrator if you want fully unattended installation.

You ask basic things like you never installed Windows before?

Those things weren't invented by nLite, it's only a tool to do it before install, search on microsoft.com for better info.

I remember that I am asked two times during xp installation to give 2 names

firstly, the computer name and then some kind of username

but I dont remember the limitations of each (I hope nlite has taken them into consideration)

from which username does the "xxxxxx' s Documents" folder take its name?

Limitations are identical, even the allowed characters. If you find a mistake I'm listening (just a statement).

Documents are from whom created them, meaning if you're looking some documents from your previous install and they are not named My Documents but for example John's Documents then go in, show hidden files, and delete Desktop.ini file.