Application Compatibilty Update AGAIN!

redcoat999

Windows keeps on informing me I have a critical update (the Application Compatibility Update). So I install it, and it installs successfully. Then a couple of hours later, it informs me I have the same critical update to do. And on and on and on for two weeks now!!!

hum...thats odd and could be very annoying. Im sorry but Ill have to step out of this because I dont have a answer. Only thing would be to set up windowsupdate notifer not to notify you of updates and just check yourself.

-XPerties

Do you happen to have a particular application that was tagged during your xp install (upgrade) that was called out as not xp ready? Just curious - as I have never seen a compatibility update message in several months of running XP. Maybe a particular app is triggering the notice???????????

LS

I have heard that most people should download the application compatibility update to their hard drive through *windows catalog* (read other threads on how to get there) then, turn off Automatic Updates in your system properties.

double click on the exe you just downloaded and follow instructions to install the update, then reboot.