Win2k SP2 and USB2

trodas

Guys, is there a way how to extract the USB 2 only install from the SP4?

I need USB 2 speed and deviced detection and I did not want SP4 at all, so I trying to find a way, how to integrate USB 2 into SP2. Is there anyone who did it?

Anyone got any recommendations?

It probably could be taken easy from some of the roll-up padkages, but witch one and where and how... that is the question ;) Anyone can help, please? :hello:

Guys, is there a way how to extract the USB 2 only install from the SP4?

I need USB 2 speed and deviced detection and I did not want SP4 at all, so I trying to find a way, how to integrate USB 2 into SP2. Is there anyone who did it?

Anyone got any recommendations?

It probably could be taken easy from some of the roll-up padkages, but witch one and where and how... that is the question ;) Anyone can help, please? :hello:

What's the matter with the latest service pack under Windows 2000?

I would understand if it was Windows XP, because of later service packs adding more annoyances.

Windows XP 2002 service pack 3 likely is going to be intrusive. :rolleyes:

Edited by RJARRRPCGP

Well, this is NOT about convincing me witch SP is good for me, is it? :lol::no:

There are reasons and that it is. However the main question is, how to add the USB 2 support. I think I spot something:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/319973/EN-US/

Yes, it looks like THIS is what I definitively need the most, however to my deepest flustration, I was not able after 30 min get the FILE to download. All I know is that I need the 107kby update file containing these:

Download the driver that is named "NEC usb software update released on June 01 2001."

Note The size of the Windows 2000 version of this driver is 107 KB. The Microsoft Windows XP version of this driver is 290 KB.

The files in this update include:

Date Time Version Size File name

------------------------------------------------------------

23-Apr-2002 22:46 5.0.2195.5652 135,920 Usbport.sys

18-Apr-2002 23:46 5.0.2195.5605 49,392 Usbhub20.sys

23-Apr-2002 22:46 5.0.2195.5652 19,216 Usbehci.sys

07-May-2002 16:52 7,159 Usb2.inf

09-May-2002 23:12 8,736 Usb2.cat

18-Apr-2002 23:46 5.0.2195.5605 6,416 Hccoin.dll

However the real problem is getting the cursed file. I'm absolutely clueless, there are no links, the download center give me nothing and in english it don't want cooperate with me (still pushing me on czech, czech and again on czech pages, where NOTHING like "NEC usb software update" could be found :realmad::realmad::realmad:

Just to be sure, then the M$ solution (witch require the win update that I trying so hard to avoid in any situation) did not work either...

This one I mean:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/319973/EN-US/

Okay, with friend help (no, no way I allow M$ messing with MY windows) I managed it, so for anyone that want the USB2 update w/o hassles, there it is:

http://ax2.old-cans.com/USB2.ZIP

However the lame Sapphire bios probably did not allow the USB to work at all :realmad::realmad::realmad:

However the real problem is getting the cursed file. I'm absolutely clueless, there are no links, the download center give me nothing and in english it don't want cooperate with me (still pushing me on czech, czech and again on czech pages, where NOTHING like "NEC usb software update" could be found :realmad::realmad::realmad:

I like to set my preferred language in Internet Explorer to US English, so I always get the English content on those multilanguage-enabled websites. In case you are interested, here's how: Tools / Internet Options / General tab / Language button; add "English (United States)" and move it to the top of the list.