Adding Norton SystemWorks 2003

First off I'd like to say GREAT JOB on both the website with the instructions on how to do this as well as the great forum here. All my questions were answered between both sites. After doing a bit of research, I figured out how to get Norton SystemWorks 2003 to install silently and without rebooting.

First off, we're assuming you either have a 2 CD-ROM setup (which I'm still looking into perfecting) or a DVD-R. Next, copy your entire NSW CD to a directory on your hard drive. In this case, I copied it to the $OEM$\$1\install\Applications\NSW2003 directory.

Add this to your applications.cmd batch file:

ECHO Installing Norton SystemWorks 2003
ECHO Please wait...
start /wait %systemdrive%\install\Applications\NSW2003\NSW.msi /qb reboot=suppress
ECHO Patching Norton Antivirus 2003
start /wait 20030829-017-x86.exe /q
ECHO.

Make SURE that the line with the NSW.msi is continuous and does NOT break after the /qb as it does on my screen when posted here. And as you see there are no quotes where the reboot=suppress statement is. I tried it with quotes and a few other ways and it simply would not work.

Next, to update the virus definitions for the Anti-Virus portion of NSW, go to Symantec's Antivirus Update Page. This link is for the U.S. English version. The other versions are only a few clicks away from there. Download the latest file, then add that to your image and just add a /q at the end of it so that it also installs silently.

After everything is done installing and the machine reboots, you will unfortunately still have to use LiveUpdate to get the latest patches for NSW, but it drops the size of the patches from 6MB + to about +/- 2MB.

This is my first time doing anything like this, so if I've made any mistakes or overlooked something, please let me know! And keep up the good work in here Aaron!

Elkhound

You wouldn't have an idea how to tell the setup routine to install only some parts? The only things I usually need are NAV and WinDoc, so I would be great to just install these two and get rid of the rest.

BTW: Great job! Thanks!!