terminal services icons not loading when connecting

ceez

Hello there fellow msfn-ers!

Our webmaster has been able to log in via term srvcs without a problem. All of a sudden, when he logs in he just gets the blue desktop background. If I log in on his workstation as Admin or even as myself the desktop does load normally, so that rules out a setting on his workstation.

BUT!!!!

If he logs in from another workstation the desktop loads just fine.

He's restarted his workstation, we've killed any open session and nothing seems out of the ordinary since the rest of the IT team can remote to it.

His permisions have not changed and he's part of the local administrator group of the server which is running server 03 enterprise. We (IT) has never experienced such problems.

Any suggestions on this mind bender?!?!?

thanks for your time!

ceez:

:thumbup

Edited by ceez

It might be that the connectionstate was cached on the particular client computer and became corrupted at some point. Does not seem like a profile problem since he can log in via another client.

So removing the cache might solve the problem.

To remove the cache for Remote Desktop delete the .bmc files in

"C:\Documents and Settings\(username)\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Terminal Server Client\Cache"

Hope this will fix your issue,

I know this sounds stupid, but have you checked the state of the CAT5 cables and the connectors? I had this before, when one of the connectors was a bit loose and didn't make a good contact all the time, breaking / slowing down the connection.