PC shuts off after a few seconds of turning on

roger8wilco

I cant figure this one out...already turned in the board for RMA. Got it back, same problem.

Board: Asus P5AD2 Premium (errors come through the speaker you plug in the back)

CPU: LGA775 3.0Ghz with HT, model 530

The PC turns on, and turns off after a few seconds. Sometimes ill get warning saying System Failed CPU Test and stay on, or itll beep once and shut right off, or just shut off without any beep or warning.

Ive been using now a screwdriver to short the power switch buttons to make sure its not the power switch or anything.

I pulled everything off. If no memory, i get a no memory error. If i have no cpu, i get a no cpu error

Now, i just found out, that when i unplug the 4 pin ATX, the PC with stay on saying System Failed CPU Test. Plugged in, it just shuts off after a few seconds...

Power supply was replaced prior to the RMA cause i thought that was the problem...now its an Antec 500W. I figure that not the problem...

Bad CPU?

Pllleease...this thing is annoying the hell out of me!!

Thanks..

-Dan

Remains the Power LED "on"? like in some suspend modes or is it a real shut down?

I had a similar problem with a AMD system but it was power supply related

(there was no defect - for some reason the board and the PSU didn't like each other ;-)

Try to go into BIOS and look at the voltages and fan rpm.

Or try to interchange/shift RAM modules.

Graphics card?

Most important question: Did it ever worked? Or is it a new system?