Adding Repair option to XP Pro OEM

raymondnichols

I have purchased several OEM versions of Windows XP Pro. I was aware that they would not perform an Upgrade. I did not know that the repair install feature was not available. I have several Windows XP Pro full versions that have this feature.

Is there any way to incorporate the repair install feature of the Full Version to the OEM version using nLite or other program?

Thanks in advance,

Ray

The repair option is the 3rd screen of the text mode setup and is dependant on a few things to even be displayed. The registry must be functional, ntldr and ntdtect.com must be present, the boot.ini files must be present and correctly pointing to a good copy of XP, and the %Windows% directory must also be valid....

There's probably a couple of requirement too, but those are the big ones, if one of those conditions aren't present then you probably wont get the repair install option...

I know the OEM copy HAS a repair install as I have to do several of them to make a non-genuine machine genuine using a valid OEM key which we sell them...

Thank you all. This is the first time I have purchased OEM software. After your comments I did some searching into the contents of the CD and there is a winnt.sif and a vbs file that changes the Key. I apparently was taken for a ride on this. They were boxed exactly like my Retail ones.

Thanks again for the help.

Ray