I am getting the following BSOD messages:

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

MEMORY_MANAGEMENT

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

I am using RC1 on a:

AMD Athlon XP 3200+

NVIDIA GeForce FX 5900XT

1.5 GB RAM

Can anyone tell me whats up? The PC is crashing very often, should i stop using Vista and just go back to XP, or is this problem fixable?

I am getting the following BSOD messages:

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

MEMORY_MANAGEMENT

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

I am using RC1 on a:

AMD Athlon XP 3200+

NVIDIA GeForce FX 5900XT

1.5 GB RAM

Can anyone tell me whats up? The PC is crashing very often, should i stop using Vista and just go back to XP, or is this problem fixable?

That looks like a CPU and/or RAM malfunction. Did you check with Prime95? This may be symptoms of the voltages being messed up. Did you check with Motherboard Monitor 5?

Did you check the processor temperature with Motherboard Monitor 5 or in the BIOS setup?

The processor fan may be clogged with dust bunnies or bad.

Also, bad caps can cause the same symptoms.

Edited by RJARRRPCGP

i think that its just a vista problem. ive gotten that a couple of times i think with rc1, pre-rc1 gave me those errors all of the time... and im 24hrs prime stable.

Wow! Sounds like Microsoft majorly messed up! :realmad:

stablility with Vista has been excellant so far, it does seem to have more stringent requirements for the quality of ram, so something that will work with XP may not work with vista, i have found that with 2 sticks of memory. Worked fine with XP, tried with Vista and BSOD.

Been using Vista for about 6 months in various Beta releases and had a lot of problems.

However, RC1 seems very stable if you do the following:

Use Wipe Disk or similar to write 0's to the hard drive.

Run Memtest86+ and make sure the memory is good.

Run the manufacture's hard drive test on the hard disk.

Do not overclock the MB.

Aslo remember that Vista is a work in progress.

p.s. The new RC1 runs 3 times faster than Beta 2 and has not crashed my test machines at all.

:D

I'm not saying RC1 is bad - I think its pretty good.

It's just those little nags such as a BSOD at boot (NEVER any other time, only the first or second boot) and now a problem has developed with my wired network card. I have to reset the card when I want to connect to the wired network (use wireless mainly).

RC1 has been installed on my system since 2nd Sept (I mucked up my 1st Sept install) and it's been under pretty heavy use since then. Whats the best way I can look at MEMORY.DMP, and is it possible for me to find out whats causing my BSODs at boot?