Image format with XP Professional

ShotenSan

Try these

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?...onymous|5241632

Internet Explorer Does Not Save Graphics Files in the Proper Format if Username:Password Is Part of the URL (Q260650)

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?...b;en-us;Q250747

Right-Clicking, Selecting 'Save Picture As' Does Not Save Image with Correct Extension (Q250747)

good luck....

XPerties - I do not think that renaming them works. They are still huge bitmap files rather than the more compact jpg or gif format. I tried renaming when I ran into this problem a while ago - they are still viewable but not compressed. The only way I could handle 'renaming/converting' was to actually use an image software to do the "save as" --- Let me know if I have missed something that does actually convert the bitmap to a jpg etc.

Lance

[b:e6d3d82e21]LS_Dragons[/b:e6d3d82e21] - no your right, I wasnt think about the size difference between the 2 file names. Yah the only way to change that is using a image editor and resaving it as you said. My bad. Hey were all wrong one time:D

-XPerties

surprised no one knows THE SOLUTION to this problem

EASY WAY OUT:

download IRFAN VIEW

www.irfanview.com

u can convert many images at once from bmp to jpg using this fabulous image viewer (VERY EASILY). I think this program is 100000000000000x better than acdsee....it does a lot more than acdsee and as far as i see, acdsee doesn't do a thing that irfan view doesn't.....let me know why ppl think acdsee is better than irfan view (aside from the pretty user interface) if u can think of one. Btw, irfan view is a lot faster than acdsee...(in my opinion)..depends what comp u haf

NOW..can someone answer my 2 questions:

1. how to restore the shared document thing in my computer

2. whenever i click a link in ie....or even using a ftp client...i get a bsod......saying something about irq not less or equal....and i m sure this problem only occurs when i click a ftp link....any clue how to fix it?

THX

[b:a314d387b9]hermit[/b:a314d387b9] - the promblem was not fixed. He was lookin fo a reason on why and how to save files other than .bmp. Any app can rename or convert. Thats just a alternative solution.Now as far as your restoreing shared folders what do you mean? Did you delete them or are you trying to create one. Some more info. Now your IRQ conflict error is conneted to a hardware and or software. Did it alwasy do this from the day you install XP? Did it just start? And do you have any errors in your device manager?

-XPerties

In this post

http://xp.modrica.com/forum/showthread.php...LNOTLESSOREQUAL

Windowsxp88 mentioned that he uninstalled his ezcd creator and nero and re-installed them and got his standby problem fixed.

My standby button is also greyed out now....and i haf that safe to shut down screen.and that bsod regarding the irq thingy...so i tried to do what windowsxp88 did..only fix my irq problem

still haf that standby problem and the shutdown problem

in another post...i think its xperties..he said he uninstalled ezcd creator totally and it fixed his problem....he said u will need to uninstall every registry entries...how though?

i tried uninstalling the program and used regclean to clean the ezcd 's registry entries up...still no success for me....still shutdown and standby problem

i still think my problem might be because of ez....any solution for me?

[b:9dc9d91f0c]hermit[/b:9dc9d91f0c] - the promblem was not fixed. He was lookin fo a reason on why and how to save files other than .bmp. Any app can rename or convert. Thats just a alternative solution.Now as far as your restoreing shared folders what do you mean? Did you delete them or are you trying to create one. Some more info. Now your IRQ conflict error is conneted to a hardware and or software. Did it alwasy do this from the day you install XP? Did it just start? And do you have any errors in your device manager?

-XPerties [/quote:9dc9d91f0c]

Could yo answer a few of my question to help out first?

-XPerties

[b:4e39df064d]XPERTIES:[/b:4e39df064d]

1. shared document in my computer- I haf renamed a user's my document folder and since then that user's shared document folder icon in my computer is gone. Now, i want to restore it back. So how do i create a one?

2. driver irq equal or less thingy bsod- i don't know when this start to happen. But whenever i click a ftp link or do anything regarding to ftp. (ex. paste a ftp link in a ftp client, download from a ftp site using flashget, etc..etc..) i get that stupid bsod

few days ago, i tried to re-install easy cd-creator (since so many ppl haf problems with it and i haf those standby problems, safe to shut down screen etc) after re-installing the roxio crap,I can do a few ftp thing(a few times), but after a while (who knows when). ..the bsod appears again....

BTW, that stupid safe to shut down screen issue is stil not solved..u know how to solve it?..uninstalling ez creator does not work, installing the xp patch for the software does not work, installing a registry patch (autoshutdown=1) does not work, trying to install a nt/apm power thing (cuz i don't haf it when i turned on show hidden devices in device manager) yields a yellow exclaimation in the thing, i haf 2 icons in device manager-computer --> acpi and standard computer...acpi=no driver is installed but working properly but no red mark or anything ....standard computer is working fine

i therefore tried to uninstall the acpi one..still ddin't solve my problem

read this site- http://aumha.org/a/shtdwnxp.htm

no solution either!!!

now what can i do?..(except format)

WOW...You have promblems all over the place. and you screwed yourself by messin with roxio stuff. I dont care what anyone says...It still sucks and still doesnt work right with XP no matter what you disable or dont install. Best thing is to try a restore to the eraliest point if you never had these promblems. Besisdes that I would reinstall after a format. You have promblems in your device manager also by renameing your shared folders you made XP confused. That my only advice to try. Sorry, maybe someone else might have another idea for all those promblems.

-XPerties

i remembered that i once saw on this forum that someone has success with fixing problems in xp after "TOTALLY" uninstalling ez cd creator

and they said they hafta uninstall all registry settings etc...

i tried to uninstall using add/remove, then use regclean, then use norton utilities, then use regcleaner, and still i dont' haf my problem fix...i would really like to know if i missed out on anything

well..true that safe to shut down screen bugs me...but its not a serious error

bsod-well that's a big problem...cuz i download a lot and ftp is important...i still thinks its roxio's good deeds...stilll looking for a way out from there

shared document- so how can i create one?...ppl know how to delete it...from my computer..but don't they know how to restore it?????!?!?!?! i haf a post of this shared doc thing already b4..but no one answers it...many ppl knows how to delete..but don't know how to create??!?!?!?

actually my device manager is fine...only problems if i try to add that nt/apm power thing...

and i don't haf a restore pt in goback that dates back to when my system is fine...that would be likes monthes ago....