I need to access my 2nd PC

NaelAmer

Hello again guys, now i have a lil problem in my network, i have a PC and a Laptop WindowsXP Pro installed on both with the latest updates, both have same user name and password in a WORKGROUP, i been able to access my C$ and D$ before, i dont know what happened now, each time i try to access my other C$ or D$ it tries to login me with a guest user with a login showing Guest user and needs a password, but before it didnt ask me for anything because i'm an administrator on both and i'm sittin both with same logins.

any idea guys? pls helpppppppppp, my firewall is off btw.

Hello again guys, now i have a lil problem in my network, i have a PC and a Laptop WindowsXP Pro installed on both with the latest updates, both have same user name and password in a WORKGROUP, i been able to access my C$ and D$ before, i dont know what happened now, each time i try to access my other C$ or D$ it tries to login me with a guest user with a login showing Guest user and needs a password, but before it didnt ask me for anything because i'm an administrator on both and i'm sittin both with same logins.

any idea guys? pls helpppppppppp, my firewall is off btw.

Simplest (most likely solution)..

On both machines..

1. Go to "Folder Options"

2. Make sure "Use simple file sharing" is un checked..

If it was checked on either, un check it. Restart both machines..

Then try to access the shares..