Multiple Laptops on one cd, having issues

eickst

Using the simple method (or Driver packs, either way), I can get a laptop to load all device drivers no problem when only integrating that particular laptops drivers.

The problem, is that I am trying to make a single DVD for every laptop that we support. We have thinkpad t30, t40, t41, t42, t43, r51, r51e, x30, x60, t60....and a few others. What happens is, everything will usually load except for the video drivers (usually ATI). I *think* the problem is that it pulls info from the wrong folder, i.e instead of using the correct folder with ATI drivers it pulls the drivers out that are intended for another model. After setup is complete and I get logged in, I am promptly welcomed by windows asking me for ati2mtag.sys. I find one on the CD, and it won't load (device manager reports an error saying it can't start). I update the driver using a different folder's ati2mtag.sys and the driver will load.

How can I fix this? Please help me, my company is using ghost images right now to support all these different model laptops and it's a full time job keeping them up to date. I am so far behind it's ridiculous and this is my best option out of Norton hell.

(by the way, I downloaded EVERY driver from IBMs website for thinkpads, and made them into a huge driver pack. That should show my dedication to getting this to work.)

*EDIT* I just thought of something, would it be possible to have a cmd file that can run a program to determine the model type I am on, and extract the correct file from the cd? Oh man I need this done before monday or my boss will **** a brick.

Edited by eickst

• 2 weeks later...

Seen its past Monday are you still working on this or looking for another job?

Any way i had the same sort of problem with HP Kit I eventually gave up on the HP Drivers and went striaght to ATI and used their display driver only which supports ......

Radeon® X1900 series

Radeon® X1800 series

Radeon® X1600 series

Radeon® X1300 series

Radeon® X850 series

Radeon® X800 series

Radeon® X700 series

Radeon® X600 series

Radeon® X550 series

Radeon® X300 series

Radeon® 9800 series

Radeon® 9700 series

Radeon® 9600 series

Radeon® 9650 series

Radeon® 9550 series

Radeon® 9500 series

cards I now works great for me!

I did the same for chipsets as well

Sometimes it pays to use the orignal manufacturers drivers as they tend to write drivers for mutiple products.

Maybe you should check out bas's driverpacks