Installing .NET Framework 2.0 from SVCPACK

I've created a very nice slim installer, it installs .Net 1.1 + all updates & 2.0 + the hotfix. It can be run in 3 ways:

- just double click, then with 1 click it will install everything (One-Click Installer).

- install silently, with or without progressbars, you can even choose (not) to keep the extraction progressbar.

- install silently @T13 (SVCPACK or RunOnceEx or whatever, I use RunOnceEx@T13).

If anyone is interested, after wednesday I'll put it on my site, Dutch and English version, incl 1.1 or only 2.0 (so 2 versions in Dutch and 2 in English language), so you can use it. It's a fast and clean method, just extract and install, no bul***** :)

Edited by ZileXa

• 4 weeks later...

Guys,

why if I run silent instalation of Net framework 2.0 from RunOnceEx my system doesn`t start. It normally boots and very close to showing my desktop I get error message "System not completely installed, please run setup again" I know what it causes as explained here: Framework 2.0 but I need to know what to do to eliminate it...

Edited by embe

I get error message "System not completely installed, please run setup again"

This error message is generated when you attempt to use a .NET 2.0 installer that is specifically made for svcpack after svcpack. You need to use it from within svcpack only. If you'd like a .NET 2.0 installer that will run from RunOnceEx, then you need an installer that simply makes the msiexec call and nothing else.

you attempt to use a .NET 2.0 installer that is specifically made for svcpack after svcpack.

First, thank you very much for your time and effort.

Your all-in-one NET package saved me alot of time.

Is your package made to work only from SVCPACK?

Can't I install it from somewhere else?

Thanks.

Well, thanks.

But I think it can be run manually on a PC that needs it, am I correct?

I would try it on a VM first if I was you.. because like I said, svcpack is where it should be installed from.

This error message is generated when you attempt to use a .NET 2.0 installer that is specifically made for svcpack after svcpack. You need to use it from within svcpack only. If you'd like a .NET 2.0 installer that will run from RunOnceEx, then you need an installer that simply makes the msiexec call and nothing else.

Well, thanks.

But I think it can be run manually on a PC that needs it, am I correct?

I would try it on a VM first if I was you.. because like I said, svcpack is where it should be installed from.

I did it on real PC and the same error occured - "System not completely installed, please run setup again" :(

Now i see and understand. Means this if I download .NET 2.0 from M$ site it will work? Coz I downloaded it from your page I think (but I`m not 100% sure)

The problem is if I modify svcpack now, after I added several hotfixes before, it looks like it removes some of them, for example i remember Windows update software...

Edited by embe

I like to do regular backups and so like to keep install size to a minimum.

Tried .NET Framework 2.0 and ended up with 163 MB more data on that drive.

Anyone else notice that much bloat?

Anyone else notice the huge increase in install time?

Not to mention the registry.

Tried to uninstall and about 100 MB were left behind.

After manual cleanup, had to reboot twice to get into normal mode.

Just some WARNING -- HAVE FUN!!