Question for the RAID guru... Fernando 1

virtualrain

Fernando,

I owe you a great deal for saving me countless headaches installing RAID onto my current nForce4 system.

However, I am now building a new system for a friend which is an Intel 975x chipset with ICH7R. I need to slipstream the chipset and Intel RAID drivers onto my XP SP2 install CD.

For RAID... Is it a simple matter of expanding the Intel Storage Manager package and adding the inf files as text mode drivers? Do I need to do anything else for them to work during the GUI part of setup?

For Chipset... Do I add all the INF files (there are a ton for different southbridge chips) in the chipset software package as PNP drivers?

Thanks!

Fernando,

I owe you a great deal for saving me countless headaches installing RAID onto my current nForce4 system.

Thank you for the flowers, but I am not an Intel RAID guru at all. I'm just an owner of an nForce4 SataRaid system and trying to help other users with similar problems.

Nevertheless I will try to give you some support:

For RAID... Is it a simple matter of expanding the Intel Storage Manager package and adding the inf files as text mode drivers? Do I need to do anything else for them to work during the GUI part of setup?
Do exactly what you have written. If nLite asks you, which driver you want, choose the drivers suitable for your system.
For Chipset... Do I add all the INF files (there are a ton for different southbridge chips) in the chipset software package as PNP drivers?
If you want to integrate PnP drivers and you have a folder with INF files, it does not matter which one you take. nLite will copy all files of that folder and even all subfolders and their content onto your nLited CD. Windows Setup will only install those drivers, which are suitable for your system. So there is no reason to warry about this. If you don't want to get useless drivers copied onto your hdd, you may delete them before you are going to integrate the drivers, but you have to be sure, that you do not delete files, which are needed for your system.

After the integration of the Intel RAID drivers (as TEXTMODE) and the Intel Chipset drivers (as PnP) you can integrate the other PnP device drivers (Realtek audio, Marvell Ethernet etc.).

CU

Fernando

How can I verify that the files I need have indeed been copied to the folder used to create the image? What do I look for?
Look into the I386\NLDRV folder of the image.

There you can see all integrated driver subfolders, beginning with 001, 002 and so on. The files are compressed, that is why the extensions look a little bit else as the original file extensions(SY_ instead of SYS, IN_ instead of IN, DL_ instead of DLL, EX_ instead of EXE etc.).