Removing english keyboard layout

Francesco

Hello I found out that my nlited XP still keeps the english keyboard layout even if I removed all layouts but the italian one.

1. Any idea if it can be removed from nlite or if there's a windows command to remove it after XP has installed?
  2. Does somebody here knows if there's a way to disable extended text services?
  3. (This has nothing to do with regional settings) Does somebody knows if it's normal that HFNETChk (v1.x) gives me the following missing patches:
    Patch NOT Installed MS04-041 Q885836
    Warning MS05-049 Q900725
    Patch NOT Installed MPSB-0507 Q913433
    even if I integrated the first 2° and the 3° one is installed with the postinstall

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Francesco

It protects native language and keyboard...if your Windows are English it's normal. It's used during setup and beyond.

If it's Italian Windows then let me know....but even then I would prefer to keep it, it's kinda default fallback option.

2. Control panel - Regional settings - Languages - Details - Advanced

It protects native language and keyboard...if your Windows are English it's normal. It's used during setup and beyond.

If it's Italian Windows then let me know....but even then I would prefer to keep it, it's kinda default fallback option.

The problem is that often users press the wrong keyboard combinations and they switch keyboard layout without realizing it. I can't disable the key combinations because some of the users don't use italian keyboard.

2. Control panel - Regional settings - Languages - Details - Advanced

I meant a windows command to include in my unattended setup