ISO image to USB flash chip?

mikesw

Nlite and CD/DVD writer software (i.e. NERO) can create ISO images. These images

can be burned to the CD/DVD.

Question 1:

How can I take the ISO image and with one click send it to a USB flash chip or what

software will do this?

I have a flash chip that is anywhere from 1-4 gigs. I'd prefer to burn (in cd terms) the ISO

image to the flash chip instead of the CD/DVD and don't want to do a file select and

copy to the flash chip one at a time. Moreover, I don't mean to do a simple copy

of the ISO file to the flash chip such that when I do a directory on the chip that I'd

see the "filename.iso" as the only file on the chip. I'd like to see all the files that were

put into the iso file. I hope that I've explained what I'm trying to do clearly.

Question 2:

Moreover, during the creation of the ISO image, NERO complained that the ISO image was

greater than 2 gigs and said it had to be converted to UDF format. I haven't seen

any file extensions with ".UDF".

Can Nlite create the UDF format should the OS and add-ons' be greater than 2 gigs when

creating the ISO format?

Question 3:

Currently, Nlite requires that the OS CD files be copied to the hard drive so that they can be updated.

In the future, will Nlite copy the files to a "virtual" (drive,file,device) on the hard drive so that all the files

and directory structures will be in one file called i.e. "WinXP_Original" and then perform its operations on

this virtual file and create a new "virtual" file called ie. "WinXP_New" which contains all the updated OS files

and directory structures? Then Nlite would make an ISO file from this "WinXP_New" virtual file for later

burning.

Perhaps Nlite can copy all the OS CD files to an ISO file on the hard drive and name it

i.e. "WinXP_Original.iso" and then do it's stuff on this file and out another ISO file i.e. "WinXP_New.iso".

Therefore, this new file is already in ISO format and ready for burning. Similar to the virtual file method.

:)

Edited by mikesw

Q!. u do know what multiple select is? where u drag a box around all of the files and folders and click ctrl+c? And paste it onto the flash drive? And google "open .iso" to see all the files in the iso! It's pretty easy now! And someone on msfn made a free program called universal extractor that can extract from tons of archives, sfx's, msi's etc.

Q2. Not all formats have to have a different file extension! UDF is a type of ISO. And obviously if ur source will be above 2gbs, nlite will make it w/udf iso!!

Q3. U can't mod an iso directly, u have to extract it and mod it and recreate it.

Most of ur questions can be answered on google.